Senior UX Content Strategist at Squarespace
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart, always striving for our products to allow anyone to tell their story to the world beautifully. We're looking for a thoughtful Sr. UX Content Strategist to take ownership of UX content across our products, from labels, to error messages, to on-boarding flows, and more. You feel at home within a design team, are a strong writer and communicator, and comfortable executing system-level terminology and information architecture solutions.
You’ll be involved throughout the process for every user-facing project in the product organization, alongside product designers, product managers, engineers, and technical. You’ll be charged with developing and implementing our UI style guide. This is the perfect role for someone equally passionate and experienced in UX design and crafting amazing written content.
You will report into the UX Content Strategy Manager.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if and when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Write UX content across all Squarespace products
- Collaborate with product designers and other team members on wireframes and iterative click-through prototypes
- Deliver text strings and ensure correct implementation
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Partner with technical, brand, and marketing writers to connect in-app messaging with our overall voice
- Seek to understand the capabilities and technical constraints of the systems
- Advocate for language in product design
- Continually improve and refine our UI and copy style guides
- 5+ years of experience writing for UI
- Deep awareness of UX and how content and design work together
- Passionate about consistency and details
- Experience using tools like Figma, Sketch, and Framer
- Ability to ask probing questions to give and receive feedback in an iterative environment
- Experienced in finding the shortest way to communicate an idea
- Comfort in pointing out when a design concept could be better and strategizing solutions
- Ability to work through ambiguity and competing priorities
- Experience preparing source language for localization
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your experience in the design process, creating UX content, and solving real user problems through words.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation and paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.