Senior Video Editor
At Squarespace, our in-house creative department controls every aspect of how we show up in the world, from the design of our products, to our advertising campaigns and social channels. We put a premium on visual beauty and storytelling and have assembled both the tools (double-walled cyc, lighting package, video and stills equipment) and the team (writers, designers, art directors, animators, filmmakers, photographers) to deliver it.
As our team expands, we’re seeking an experienced video editor to work on a wide range of deliverables, from documentary shorts to graphics-driven content. You must have a knack for storytelling, the technical knowledge to work on complex projects with many different types of media, great taste, and a compelling visual style. In addition to editing, you’ll also have the opportunity to work upstream on creative campaigns, prototype ideas that will eventually end up in our products, and participate in shoots.
- 5+ years of experience as a video editor
- Impeccable taste and a pulse on trends in the production/creative space
- Knowledge of all stages of production and post-delivery methods
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Premiere, with some exposure to Adobe After Effects and DaVinci Resolve
- Ability to take creative direction and work autonomously to bring a story and vision to life
- Expertise with color correction/grading, sound design, and animation is a plus
A reel of relevant work is required for consideration.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 850 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.