Senior Writer, Content Lead
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Communications
We believe that the world should know and love Gemini. In Communications, we spend our days crafting the Gemini story and telling it to the people who need to hear it. This team sits between our product and the market, and is a key growth driver for every aspect of the organization. We have a holistic philosophy that combines data, brand marketing, acquisition tactics, PR, and all aspects of consumer & customer-facing communications.
The Role: Senior Writer, Content Lead
Gemini’s mission is to Build a Bridge to the Future of Money. The role of the Senior Writer, Content Lead is to write compelling content that tells the Gemini story and explains cryptocurrency to broad audiences. You make writing about complex topics seem easy. You'll play an integral role within our Communications department, helping develop our proactive content strategy and write communications for external and internal audiences on behalf of executive leadership. This content will support and advance the Company, including our products, projects and people. You'll also conduct research, interview subject matter experts and write materials for various content platforms including our blog. You will collaborate with stakeholders across the organization and be working in our New York City Headquarters, reporting directly to the Head of Communications as you focus on essential functions that include, but aren't limited to, the following:
- Write compelling content to reach and engage external and internal audiences (e.g. clients, prospects and employees). Content will appear across our Company’s platforms, including our blog, website, social media channels, executive communications, marketing presentations, external sites.
- Write articles on crypto and finance-related topics for consumption by customers and the general public.
- Conduct research for and assist in the creation, development and execution of our content plan. Includes content themes and content calendar, as well as content for targeted campaigns.
- Conduct research, write and edit thought leadership.
- Research and write 10-15 pieces of content a month, with varying word count, aligned to key themes maintaining the Gemini voice and authority.
- Work closely with our internal teams on content planning and strategy to make sure we are executing on key content opportunities.
- Proofread materials for colleagues and provide quality control.
- Understand and translate Gemini brand and style guidelines into a clear, confident, and human voice.
- Manage deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Identify and recommend new and innovative content ideas that will deliver on campaign goals.
- Support Head of Communications in ad hoc project work and requests.
- Bachelor’s degree (with a focus in Communications, English, Journalism) or equivalent.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as a writer, preferably in financial services industry/regulated environment or as a journalist covering financial services, with experience writing blogs
- Proven excellence in writing and style
- Willingness to stick with a story from start to finish
- Relentless attention to detail
- Proven ability to work with, and build trusted relationships, with internal teams successfully
- Ability to deliver excellent, high quality work under time constraints and deadlines
- Relevant writing samples required
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills with experience executing programs on deadline, accurately, efficiently and with an attention to detail
- Strongly proficient with Google Docs and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated excellence in internal project management, organizational planning and operational excellence
- Experience building out editorial calendars for a news organization or corporation
- Experience writing thought leadership
- Genuine passion for disruptive technology
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events