Cadre is a next-generation technology-driven real estate investment platform that provides qualified individuals, financial advisors, and institutional investors access to fully vetted commercial real estate investment opportunities. Cadre has also built a groundbreaking secondary market for commercial real estate investments, enabling investors to have the potential to seek liquidity. Cadre combines its deep institutional experience with differentiated technology to empower investors through direct access, low fees, lower minimums, and greater transparency.
The firm was founded with the goal of building a better commercial real estate investment model — one that provides access to the benefits of CRE investing to the broadest possible base of investors, and value to all of our partners. We provide each investor with an unmatched combination of access to institutional-quality investments, market opportunities realized through technology innovation, and the potential for groundbreaking liquidity — all within a single platform.
Cadre is seeking a seasoned writer with a strong editorial background, the ability to create highly engaging content, and deep financial acumen in the private equity space. As the Senior Writer, you will apply your experience in partnership with Cadre’s Commercial Real Estate Investment Specialist and Director of Content Marketing to originate and/or edit a growing body of world-class content.
Cadre is currently in the process of engineering a next-generation thought leadership platform. As the Senior Writer, you will be a critical partner in shaping and unifying our voice through compelling storytelling that connects with our core audiences, enriches the Cadre brand, and builds trust. You will also have the opportunity to orchestrate, direct, and edit content from a range of partners: communication agencies, copywriting agencies, freelance writers, and more.
With a background in content creation and/or journalism, you intrinsically understand the power of great storytelling, whether it’s in how news is reported (e.g., The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Financial Times) or in how a commercial enterprise educates and engages its customers (e.g., blog posts, white papers, web content, etc).
As a successful candidate, you will demonstrate a flair for crafting compelling content related to complex subjects for a sophisticated audience. In the case of Cadre, our core subject matter is commercial real estate investing (private equity), and our core audience is high-net-worth investors (Accredited investors and Registered investment advisors).
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Contribute to the growth of Cadre’s brand by shaping relevant editorial strategies to increase audience engagement and revenue
- Develop and implement best practices to ensure editorial initiatives promote high-quality, appealing content that adheres to the regulatory environment of the industry
- Oversee content creation of various cross-functional editorial initiatives to engage and educate prospects, investors, and partners
- Develop content that complements our value proposition, engages our customers and prospects, and compels them to trust and follow Cadre as an authoritative voice in commercial real estate investing.
- Continuously maintain and build an intimate level of knowledge of different investor personas and what motivates them. Map relevant themes or messages to each investor persona
- Collaborate closely with the Director of Content Marketing and Commercial Real Estate Investment Specialist to inform a winning editorial calendar and drive content creation for a robust publishing platform
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required such as Journalism, Comparative Literature, English, Communications, etc. with an insatiable level of intellectual curiosity and a shrewd attention to detail.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience developing high-quality educational, yet delightful editorial strategies and content.
- Experience writing for a financial publication; intermediate understanding of finance and investing concepts; experience in or knowledge of commercial real estate is a plus; experience in preferably real estate fin-tech or fin-tech more broadly is also a plus.
- Ability to write and connect with a wide range of audiences possessing varying degrees of sophistication using simple, clever language
- Experience tailoring and editing content for search engine optimization (SEO)
- Proven experience in developing, executing, and managing editorial initiatives. Experience producing materials cross a range of media channels and formats e.g. written, visual, hybrid, live/event-based both on and offline.
- Proven experience using narratives and storytelling to build strong loyalty for iconic or heritage consumer brands-- ideally with some experience in a B2B2C capacity.
- Understanding of the needs and motivations of a high net worth segment with preferred experience writing for this type of clientele.
- Understanding of what it means to work in a regulated industry with preferred experience developing content and shepherding this content through a compliance process.
- Strong results orientation, with a proven desire and ability to think strategically and creatively, coupled with financial acumen and strong analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills; articulate, influential and strong public speaking and writing skills, effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence, capable of getting various functional team members to reach a common goal without relying on direct reporting lines.
- Team player and collaborator with all internal/external stakeholders, with experience successfully leading teams, whether directly or indirectly.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience managing multiple external content agencies and/or writers.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize and strong project management skills.
- Motivated self-starter and ability to work under pressure without daily guidance.