BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a freelance Shopping Writer, Branded Content who has experience creating product-focused content to join the branded Creative team in New York. Are you always shopping? Do your friends turn to you for product recommendations? Are you passionate about finding the best deals online? This may be the position for you! We're looking for someone who is excited to create shoppable posts for brands.
This role is a fixed-term position through the end of 2021 and reports to the Senior Manager, Branded Content.
- Write engaging product roundups and informative single-product posts, including home, fashion, beauty, pet care, sales/deals, and more.
- Follow BuzzFeed's best practices and meet our editorial standards by choosing and describing products in a thoughtful, informative way that matches the BuzzFeed voice.
- Pitch headlines, both internally and directly to clients.
- Work with our Sales and Account Management teams to ensure the brand's needs are met.
- Manage multiple client programs at a time and work with several different teams across the business organization.
- Follow legal guidelines and client restrictions when writing content.
- Contribute to Creative meetings and brainstorm sessions.
- Optimize any product links that are included in posts.
- Occasionally write non-shopping-related branded content, depending on the team's bandwidth.
- 3+ years of experience writing lists and shopping content.
- The ability to describe products in both an entertaining and descriptive way.
- Previous affiliate experience is a big plus.
- Experience translating client needs into branded content is a plus.
- Experience with SEO a plus.
- Experience writing for multicultural audiences is a plus.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation and benefits package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.