Flamingo Social Media Editor
The Social Media Editor will plan and manage content across social media channels for Flamingo. The right candidate is a natural storyteller, culling images, stories, ideas, and inspiration from the team and translating it into a compelling content plan. You can write naturally in the Flamingo voice (curious, intelligent, funny) and push tone for what feels natively right for each channel. You live and breathe social media, with a strong perspective on how Flamingo should participate and a vision for how we can push the boundaries of how we show up. And you’re organized; you can keep up a calendar, communicate well cross functionally, hit deadlines, and eventually manage people, internally and externally. A sense of humor necessary, a passion for beauty and personal care a plus.
What you will accomplish:
- Plan and manage social calendar across channels
- Act as an editor, sourcing content (pop culture, archive of F' images, site, other marketing assets, our community)
- Direct content when needed (brief in creative team and give input to production)
- Independently write captions with little editing (frame content, think natively for channel, brand right tone, tie back to product/mission)
- Pitch new content ideas, direct the process and partner with the marketing, community, R&D, and creative teams to bring it to life
- Build a short and long term strategy for channel management and growth (for existing and new channels)
- Build reporting structure and cadence to share growth, insights, and engagement with the wider team
- Partner with influencer/community team to foster an engaged community around the brand; build a strategy to scale engagement
- Engage daily with our community (DMs, comments, likes); partner with CX to manage social CX
- Passionate about building a new kind of body care brand
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, including directly managing social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, SNAP, Tik Tok, Twitter) for a brand or relevant organization
- Prior experience working at a startup or similar environment
- Excellent editorial judgment, writing skills, and ability to capture Flamingo’s voice
- Analytical understanding, experience with data insights, and a working knowledge of social data tools
- A natural communicator with strong writing skills; you’re able to sell people into a vision and bring them along on your thought process and strategy
- Creative and brimming with your own ideas, while also able to help others structure thinking to prioritize theirs
- Structured and organized in your thinking. You love setting up systems to improve the way the team works.
Flamingo designs body care products for daily routines and self-care rituals. With an award-winning razor, (also) award-winning shave gel, wax strips for face and body, and skin care products free from parabens, phthalates, and artificial dyes, Flamingo is a new kind of body care—one made for all routines and skin types, and fairly priced.
Our products and campaigns have been covered by Vogue, Vanity Fair, Elle, and InStyle, and we’ve won major accolades from Allure (Best in Beauty), Essence (Best in Black Beauty), and Fast Company (Most Innovative in Beauty). We set aside 1% of sales to support nonprofits working to improve the physical, emotional, and mental health of women globally. Flamingo is available on shopflamingo.com, Goop, Target, Walgreens, CVS, and select grocery stores nationwide.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.