Sound Mixer (project-based) at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed is looking for a skilled and resourceful Sound Mixers to bring their expertise to an upcoming branded production being shot on location in Los Angeles and in NYC. We are looking for one Sound Mixer in Los Angeles and one in NYC.
These are project-based, freelance positions with a project rate of $450/day + $250 Sound kit fee in LA and $500/day + $250 Sound kit fee in NYC.
- Plan audio setup and equipment needs
- Setup sound recording equipment on set
- Properly mic talent
- Monitor recording and deliver properly mixed tracks
- 3+ years of production sound experience
- Experience with Zoom recorders or can provide personal kit
- Proficient knowledge and experience with variety of equipment, techniques
- Knowledge of standard set protocol
- Previous branded digital video experience is ideal
- Include a link to your portfolio or provide samples of your work or your reel in your application
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect a supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed’s practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.