Sr. Associate, Content Strategy
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We’re looking for a marketing specialist to join our team as a Content Strategist with a strong writing background. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, results-oriented, and can develop, execute, and evaluate content strategies for driving product awareness and engagement for Grubhub and Seamless. To do this, you will collect customer insights; test and execute against brand and marketing strategies; and create compelling and informative content across earned, owned, and paid channels.
The successful candidate will have experience in brand marketing and content development with a proven track record of using multiple marketing channels to drive awareness and engagement of a digital service or product. Keys to success include exceptional creative, communication, writing, and interpersonal skills along with a focus on details and a drive for improvement.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Assist in developing and executing quarterly paid (sponsored content, digital, social), owned media ( Email, Mobile, Blog, App, Web, Social) and earned (content creators) content marketing strategy that drives loyalty, engagement and acquisition for the brands.
- Build out holistic quarterly content calendars surrounding tentpole moments, including original content, channel distribution, and cross-functional collaborations
- Ideate, write, edit, and post multiple articles for Grubhub and Seamless blogs on a weekly basis (think: fun quizzes, food debates, top-ordered food listicles)
- Continually raise the bar on development of compelling, data-driven story telling with a customer focus
- Optimize content for SEO and social channels while staying within brand voice, style, and tone
- Analyze data from the blog, CRM, and social to improve future content iterations
- Work in tandem with creative teams and managing third-party production partners to bring various projects to life
- Provide thoughtful feedback and creative direction on both short-and long-form video content
- Partner with product teams on the implementation for integrating brand content across the Grubhub/Seamless site and app
You Should Have
- Portfolio required with relevant writing work
- 5+ years of developing and executing content marketing campaigns from scratch which include creative positioning, art and video execution, audience sizing, digital media, targeting strategies and project management preferably in food or tech based industry.
- Strong written skills are crucial
- Live and breathe consumer first content
- Ability to assess campaign performance and optimize against KPIs.
- Curious creative mind, and strong eye for visual design.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, collaboration, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Experience in developing content for paid media
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment while maintaining Grubhub’s exceptionally high-quality bar
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.