Sr Content Editor
The New York Daily News with Tribune Publishing seeks a Sr Content Editor to help drive audience growth. This role will be critical for running the audience team on a daily basis, overseeing daily promotion of content on the homepage, social media and other channels.
The Sr Content Editor will also be key to development of audience strategy, including plans relating to social media and search. The job will also involve working with the Tribune Publishing product team on enhancements and becoming an expert on NYDN publishing tools to train others in the newsroom.
The ideal candidate will be creative, collaborative, detail-orientated and comfortable working in a fast-paced newsroom.
Run day-to-day operations of the audience team, including:
- Overseeing homepage, social media, email and alerts sent by the team. Identifying opportunities to drive traffic to Daily News stories and galleries.
- Monitoring traffic stats during the day and communicating performance to the audience team and others.
- Management and scheduling of audience team members.
- Regularly taking audience team shifts. Night and weekend shifts may be required.
- Become an expert in NYDN digital production tools, and do advanced tasks as needed.
- Assist in development audience development strategy, including social media, search and content performance. Be able to use analytics tools and run reports.
- Be able to train the newsroom on production tools and troubleshoot problems.
- At least 5 years of experience with news and digital publishing.
- Experience programming a news site homepage and social media accounts.
- Experience developing social media strategy for a news site, including training reporters and editors on best practices.
- Experience and interest with additional audience development strategies, such as ways to increase search traffic, outside links, and recirculation.
- Comfortable with analytics tools, such as Adobe and Chartbeat, and social media metrics such as Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics and CrowdTangle.
- Reporting and/or editing experience, and ability to display solid news judgement.
- Knowledge of web tools and ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Knowledge of a broad base of news topics, including New York news. Tabloid experience is a plus.
- Management experience.