Staff Writer at Resy
WHO WE ARE:
Resy is a reservations platform, built and powered by restaurant lovers.
Launched in New York City in 2014, the company is co-founded by Ben Leventhal, co-founder of Eater.com; Michael Montero, co-founder and former CTO of CrowdTwist and current Techstars mentor; and Gary Vaynerchuk, noted social media expert, entrepreneur and investor. Other company leaders have deep experience in restaurants and hospitality, too.
Our mission is to power the world’s best restaurants, using technology to imagine the future of hospitality. With Resy, you’re an insider — and the amazing world of restaurants is just two taps away.
Rated as one of Built In NYC’s “100 Best Places to Work,” Resy is actively hiring in multiple cities. Come join our growing team!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Resy is seeking a Staff Writer, a position on our new and growing editorial team. You will be responsible for writing original content across Resy platforms. As part of the Marketing team, you will report to the Editorial Director and collaborate closely with colleagues and stakeholders in the Marketing, Product, and Restaurants teams.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Write! This is a writing position, first and foremost.
- Be responsible for creating a host of editorial content related to restaurants, ranging from signature dining guides to pithy restaurant descriptions to the occasional larger feature.
- Support other departments as needed, such as penning consumer-facing copy for Resy events or working on marketing materials.
- Be innovative. As Resy’s editorial production ramps up, we want creative thinkers on our team.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have full-time media experience, preferably in the food realm.
- You are a strong writer who can file spotless copy in a timely manner.
- You love restaurants, and possess a deep knowledge of dining culture in America, and especially in New York.
- You are a highly organized multitasker, with a keen attention to detail.
- You understand deadlines, and never miss them.
- You are thoughtful, proactive, imaginative, and collaborative.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, LTD, Commuter Benefit, Life Insurance)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Growth Opportunity Budget
- Equinox gym discount and Wellness budget
- Quarterly credit toward dining at your favorite Resy restaurants
- Beautiful dog-friendly Soho office with fully stocked kitchen and café
- Company-sponsored social events, including Friday family meal
- No shortage of good restaurant recommendations
Resy is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees and creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.