Subject Matter Expert : Github at Codecademy
**At this time, we can only accept applicants that are over the age of 18 and are currently located in one of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MD, ME, MI, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, and WI.**
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. A decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of about 200 distributed through North America and headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $87.5m in venture capital funding from top investors including Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
Codecademy is looking for an expert programmer or academic to provide guidance as we build our newest course, Learn Github! The Subject Matter Expert provides the Codecademy Curriculum team with specialized, up-to-date, nuanced insight into how operating systems are used and how they should be taught. This is a paid, remote, contract position, with a typical commitment of 1-5 hours per week.
What You'll Do
- Work with a Curriculum Developer to create and refine a high-level syllabus for our Computer Science Course: Learn Github
- Review the videos, lessons, quizzes, projects, and other content that other members of the Curriculum team create as we turn that syllabus into reality
- Provide complex technical and pedagogical insights in such a way that other team members—and, ultimately, Codecademy learners—can understand
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of experience using Github in a highly collaborative environment
- Familiarity with beginning, intermediate, and advanced skill sets listed here
- Proficiency in best practices for Github documentation, markdown
- Experience with hosting open-source code on Github
- Experience contributing to open-source code on Github
What Will Make You Stand Out
- 10+ years of experience teaching in a college or university setting
- Experience in both programming and education
- Experience in online education at scale
- Experience using the Codecademy platform
This is a contract, remote position. You can expect anywhere from ~1-5 hours of work per week, with the freedom to work wherever and at whatever times you want. You will be compensated (paid) bi-weekly.
**At this time, we can only accept applicants that are over the age of 18 and are currently located in one of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MD, ME, MI, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, and WI.**Equal Employment Opportunity
Codecademy is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings.#LI-Remote