Team Lead, Knowledge Base Content at Squarespace
Squarespace Customer Operations is looking for a Team Lead to manage a small team of technical writers dedicated to the Knowledge Base (KB). The KB team produces help guides for the more than two million people who use Squarespace and our products to build their brand and achieve their goals. You'll co-manage the development, governance, and expansion of our documentation in partnership with a fellow KB Team Lead.
You’re a leader and support content strategist with a passion for managing writers and collaborating cross-functionally within a fast-paced technical support organization. We prefer that you’re comfortable with getting hands-on in content and subject matter while working reactively on concurrent open-ended problems.
Our knowledge base is in an exciting growth stage as we scale. This is a new role because we've grown significantly enough to expand the KB team under two leads. You'll manage four writers already at Squarespace.
You’ll report to the Senior Content Team Manager and can be based in our Portland or New York office or remotely in select US states.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.You'll Get To…
- Lead a team of technical writers responsible for knowledge base guides hosted on the Squarespace, Unfold, and legacy platform help centers. You'll largely focus on highly self-serviceable topics, including billing, accounts, security, and the Unfold app.
- Coach writers, helping them expand their skills and increase their effectiveness
- Manage the team's backlog and high volume of requests; lead weekly sprint ceremonies
- Review and provide feedback on writers' work
- Partner with your fellow KB team lead to align on content strategy and team operations
- Seek creative solutions to ensure our content scales and lead the team to implement them
- Work with Internal Content, Product Support, Product, UX Content Strategy, and Product Marketing teams to align on content strategy, product launches, and processes
- Foster a data-driven mindset, using metrics to inform content strategies that increase deflection and influence other outcomes
- Help develop the team's style guide and documentation templates
- Work with owners of our webinars, community forum, and KB videos to create a holistic content ecosystem
- 3 to 8 years of experience in support content strategy, technical writing, knowledge management, or a related position in a technology company
- 1 to 3 years of experience managing or coaching writers or content developers, either as a direct manager or in a program management capacity
- Experience managing content strategy for large sets of help documentation
- Strong project/process management and prioritization skills, with experience overseeing sprints
- Nice to have: Experience with Zendesk and Jira
- Nice to have: Experience in frontline customer support in a tech environment
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.Our Commitment
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.