Technical Content Writer at Datadog (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Datadog’s Writing team is the public voice of Datadog. We are a group of tech-oriented writers and editors who value accuracy, depth, and accessibility. As part of the Creative Marketing department, we work collaboratively within our team—but also collaborate across the entire company. Our blog posts cover Datadog in depth and provide valuable information to the broader tech community around observability, best practices, and industry trends.
Are you looking to combine your writing skills with your love of learning new technologies? Are you as comfortable on the command line as you are writing clear and effective prose? If so, we'd love to talk to you.
We are expanding the writing team at Datadog, the leading service for cloud-scale monitoring and analytics. Our team of technical content writers runs Datadog's main blog (aka "The Monitor"), where we publish in-depth articles about monitoring, software infrastructure, and application performance for a highly technical audience of software developers and ops engineers.
- Pitch, research, and write articles for the Datadog blog, such as:
- Deep dives on modern technologies
- In-depth monitoring guides and tutorials
- Announcements for new Datadog features and integrations
- Collaborate with editors, product managers, engineers, and graphic designers to maximize the clarity, technical correctness, and visual appeal of our articles
- Develop new formats for communicating original research, monitoring best practices, and technical tips to our readers
- Continually measure reader engagement, and iterate to improve content focus, craft, and distribution
- Collaborate with the Video team and write scripts for original product videos
- A polished writer, with samples of your work to share
- An experienced professional with 2-4 years experience as a technology writer; and/or a CS degree; or a relevant advanced degree; or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in at least one widely used general-purpose programming language (Python, Java, Ruby, etc.)
- Experienced with setting up web servers, databases, container platforms, cloud services, or other infrastructure technologies
- Comfortable researching new technologies, able to learn how to use them, and able to reduce their complex workings to clear prose. You will have the support of Datadog engineers and other technical staff when you need an expert opinion
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Datadog is the world-class monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. We’re dedicated to creating, developing, and supporting our product and customers, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Built by engineers, for engineers, our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.