Technical Marketing Writer
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing so developers and their teams can spend more time building software that changes the world. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We are looking for effective communicators with a passion for sharing our message.
Over 65,000 teams around the world rely on DigitalOcean to run their company's application workloads. From servers that scale up in seconds to solutions for high availability, data storage, security, and networking, developers rely on us to uncomplicate their infrastructure. With DigitalOcean, users can run distributed SaaS applications, process and analyze datasets, automate testing their code, and deploy open source monitoring and logging tools.
As a technical marketing writer you will be in charge of creating content for DigitalOcean, including blogs, product overviews, web copy, videos, webinars, podcasts, customer success stories, emails, landing pages, press releases, bylined articles, industry reports, and more. In this role, you will collaborate with multiple functions within marketing - and across the company - including Product Marketing, Developer Relations, Demand Generation, Social, and our staff of technical writers.
This role requires someone who understands how effective content can holistically support a larger marketing strategy. The ideal candidate should have experience working within the tech industry, producing content with (and for) engineers, and have a background in technical writing for the developer community.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Grow the DigitalOcean brand through compelling original content creation
- Generate assets for the global PR campaign
- Write web copy, product collateral and draft scripts for technical and branded videos
- Write customer communications and supporting assets such as emails, landing pages, surveys and industry reports
- Partner with the Demand Generation and Social teams to help draft copy for our multi-channel marketing strategy
- Work on cross-functional content initiatives with the Product, Marketing and Engineering teams
- Serve as “final eyes” on content that needs to be proofread and copy edited
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Exceptional Writer: You are a seasoned writer with examples of your amazing writing style to prove it.
- Technical Knowledge: Ability to translate complex technical ideas into compelling everyday language.
- Team Player: Proven track record of managing people and effectively working cross functionally across the organization
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.