Technical Writer - Contract
Greater NYC Area
Zipari is a technology start-up company based in DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY. Our mission is to disrupt the insurance industry by introducing consumer-centric solutions powered by data analytics. We are looking for individuals who want to build a company, a culture and solve complex challenges. The Zipari team members have strong work ethics, believe in what Zipari is building, and are willing to play whatever role is necessary to achieve the company’s goals. Our team has movie geeks, foodies, talented musicians and a mix of random elements that make us one: The Zipari team!
What You'll Be Doing
- Developing, organizing, writing and editing technical operational procedures and manuals.
- Researching, developing and documenting technical design specifications in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- Maintaining a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Analyzing documents to maintain continuity of style of content.
- Managing updates and revisions to technical literature.
- Working with Managers to prioritize the needs of end users of technical documentation.
- Studying product samples and speak with product designers and developers.
- Organizing and writing supporting documents for products.
- Using diagrams and charts that increase users’ understanding.
- Revising documents as new issues arise.
- Designing and organizing documentation sets for APIs and developer products.
- Creating and organizing internal technical information for developer processes, product features and new technologies.
- Identifying and proposing solutions for major improvements to processes.
- Supplementing documentation with relevant sample code and/or visuals needed to enhance the written word.
- 5+ years experience writing documentation for developers (APIs, SDKs, web technologies) and other forms of technical content for software applications
- 2+ years in IT
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, Technical Communication, English or related field
- Proficient with HTML and CSS and proficiency in a UNIX environment
- Ability to understand and explain highly technical information leveraging a background in engineering or computer science
- Implemented internal and external documentation projects that have made life easier for developers of all experience levels
- Ability to take complex, technical information and translate it for colleagues and consumers who have nontechnical backgrounds
- Experience working cross-functionally with product managers, account managers, project managers and technical teams
- Ability to adjust to changes midstream and are excited about using your creativity to solve problems
- Highly organized, self-motivated and love to bring order to chaos
- Competitive salary rate
- Awesome team with the ability to help define the culture
- Fun work environment and team events (Friday happy hours, foosball tournaments and movie nights)
Read Full Job Description