Technical Writer (Contract) at Peloton
Peloton is seeking an experienced technical writer to help create and edit user-facing documentation for connected fitness devices. This person will consider the needs of the user to effectively craft written and visual manuals that give users the knowledge they need to use and enjoy their Peloton product. They will work directly with Product Managers, Engineers, Legal, Compliance, and Creative to gather all the appropriate experience, technical, and regulatory information.
- Obtain a deep product understanding and translate complex product information into clear and easy to use user guides
- Write user-facing content for fitness device quick start guides, user manuals, and other printed materials.
- Write content for internal teams, such as device assembly instructions and troubleshooting guides
- Solicit and compile feedback from various stakeholders
- Edit written and visual documents for team members
- Support other teams with technical information needed for purposes such as user emails, training videos, and online specifications
- Manage language translations
- Compile content for device labels
- Keep guides organized and available for stakeholders
- Meet program deadlines
- 2+ years technical writing experience
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to scrutinize your own work
- Experience with consumer-facing documentation
- Experience working with external vendors
- Available work samples
- Proficiency with SolidWorks Composer or other technical illustration software
- Experience with integrated hardware-software products
- Experience with printed documentation
- Experience with writing for international markets
- Project management skills
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike,Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.