Technical Writer, CX Operations at Stash
Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
Stash is looking for a Technical Writer to join the Customer Experience Operations team. The Technical Writer will own the documentation for Stash’s internal and external help centers, develop robust customer-facing language, develop training curriculum, drive efficiency improvements throughout Stash’s CX tooling as well as document CX Operational processes and procedures. The role requires exceptional communication and organizational skills and an understanding of Customer Experience, Product and Engineering team operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the support documentation creation and organization for our internal Knowledge Base and our customer-facing Help Center
- Develop an expertise in our customer-facing self help tools and identify areas where we can improve adoption of self-help support, such as by updating Help Center articles
- Partner closely with Stash’s Product, Marketing and Engineering teams to ensure our content is complete and accurate
- Build and then manage learning and development resources, documentation schedules, reviews, and approval process
- Understand the Product life cycle and all new features to build training documentation for Stash’s Customer Experience team
- Assist in the creation and development of various learning programs and training experiences for agents
- Create process and technical documentation inclusive of workflows, diagrams, wireframes and step-by-step processes for internal operational and agent-facing procedures
- Anticipate and resolve problems in a fast-paced application development team environment
Skills & Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of copywriting or technical writing experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, English or Business Administration
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, project management, communication and organizational skills
- Exceptional cross-functional skills, must be able to work with design, engineering, and business teams to capture information
- Experience developing end-user documentation for app and web-based applications
- Experience in documenting complex and technical processes
- Experience creating training materials
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to manage several tasks at one time
It’s a plus if you:
- Have direct experience in the CRM/startup space
- Have Operations experience
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the State of Colorado.