Squarespace Customer Operations empowers users through scalable self-help tools, personalized support, and customer advocacy. Customer Operations runs 24/7 with over 300 people based in New York, Dublin and Portland. Working within Customer Operations, the Content team produces help guides for the more than two million people who use Squarespace to carve out their piece of the web. We’re customer advocates, and we’re on a mission to help them succeed.
As a Help Content Technical Writer, you’ll create and improve help content with customer needs, internal feedback, and efficiency in mind. You’ll work with your manager and your teammates, ensuring your guides are accurate, aligned with Squarespace style, and meeting customer needs. Our knowledge base is in an exciting growth stage as we scale up to support a multi-product platform, and there's a lot of room for ownership and developing expertise. You’re perfect for this role if you’re a strong writer, editor, and project manager who loves digging into details while thinking about high-level strategy.
You will report to the Content Team Lead and can be based in our New York, Portland, Dublin offices or remotely [in the USA].
- Write and refine help guides about Squarespace products, explaining complex concepts and steps in clear and accessible language
- Take full ownership of content on specific areas of the platform
- Build relationships with partners and SMEs in Product, Product Support, Product Marketing, and Engineering [in multiple geographies and teams]
- Give feedback to teammates through rotating peer reviews
- Create or contribute to other support or product-focused content, like release notes, transactional emails, or chatbot content
- Help evolve the voice of Squarespace Customer Operations
- 2+ years of technical writing experience, creating content for non-technical users in internet, consumer tech, web publishing, SaaS, or a related field
- Experience building content strategy for specific features or product areas
- Comfortable checking your ego at the door; open to feedback from multiple partners to make a guide perfect
- Desire to simplify and iterate
- Experience with help/documentation CMS, project management, and bug-tracking software
- Comfortable working in basic HTML
- Nice-to-Haves [not required]
- Experience in a client/customer-facing role
- Experience writing for automated support systems (chatbots, interactive onboarding modules, etc)
- Experience using metrics to guide strategic content decisions
- Experience with the Squarespace platform
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.