We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Technical Writing & Documentation team falls under our Community organization here at Datadog. Our team creates engaging and informative technical content including our public product documentation, as well as, engineering blog posts, reference material and guides, and a developer email newsletter - thousands of pages of content! The team is located in various locations around the world, including both our New York & Paris offices.
We are seeking technical writers who will drive our documentation efforts in collaboration with both internal engineering groups and our wider open source developer community. This is an opportunity for you to work on highly technical documentation with huge visibility and impact. In this role you will be hands-on with the technologies Datadog monitors, as you create new and improve existing documentation for our APIs, SDKs, developer security tools, and community developed integrations.
- Partner with our engineering teams to create public user documentation throughout the application development life cycle.
- Dig into source code for community and internally developed systems to collect technical details for documentation.
- Create developer-facing documentation and training materials for Datadog's SDKs, APIs, and developer tools to foster the growth of our developer community.
- Collaborate with our open source community to develop documentation standards.
- Help engineers write their stories of technical achievement.
- You have publicly available technical writing samples.
- You are fluent in reading at least 2 programming languages (e.g. Ruby, Python, Go, bash).
- You are comfortable and familiar with modern infrastructure such as IaaS cloud services and containers.
- You enjoy self driven exploration and education on new technologies and languages.
- You have written or managed server-side software and documentation.
- You are able to transform dry technical topics into engaging, informative and interesting educational materials.
- You enjoy partnering with developers and other SMEs to create robust technical documentation for developers.
- You have experience writing instructions for technical topics, like API, SDK, and other developer tools.
- You are fluent in writing at least two programming languages.
- You have experience with Developer communications, like engineering blogs, and writing newsletters.
- You enjoy public speaking at meetups, conferences, and internal events.
Is this you? Send your resume and links to your Github profile and public writing samples. We look forward to receiving your application!
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.