TurnTo is looking for an individual to take on a dedicated role of Technical Writer, leading our internal and developer-facing documentation. This person should be a writer who loves digging into code, talking with product managers and developers, and can create well-formatted and easily digestible documentation.
The Technical Writer will be responsible for creating and maintaining documentation sites for both customers and internal teams that cover implementation, best practices, and troubleshooting.
- Create documentation: author in Markdown, and use wikis and GitHub repos to manage and publish
- Personally test features that you document, to ensure accuracy and completeness and to derive samples for reference pages.
- Work collaboratively with TurnTo teams to develop the best possible guides and help information for our customers
- Have a clear and friendly writing style, with an ability to organize complex content topics for best user interaction
- Comfort using markdown and other wiki-style editors, image editing tools
- Ability to organize your own work with minimal supervision in an entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Ability to adapt to changes in priorities, projects, and processes
- Advocate for product, process, and documentation improvements when appropriate
- Relationship building skills with internal subject matter experts and external customers