Training Associate (Instructional Design)
Flatiron’s mission is to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. We do this by organizing the world’s oncology information and making it useful for patients, physicians, life science companies and investigators to use in order to accelerate research and improve the quality of care. We are building a disruptive, oncology-specific software platform that connects cancer centers across the country on a common technology infrastructure to address key healthcare challenges.
Much of the available, real-world clinical data is unstructured and stored across thousands of disconnected community clinics, medical centers and hospitals. We have a large team of abstractors - primarily nurses, tumor registrars and clinical research professionals - who help us convert unstructured data to structured data by extracting key data points from clinical documents. Abstractors work remotely via our proprietary web-based software, where they abstract data across multiple diseases according to documented policies and procedures (P&Ps).
The Training Associate for Abstraction will be responsible for the development of training content, including interactive training, videos, and other materials in order to ensure abstractors maintain a high level of performance with respect to both quality and efficiency. This will include developing training content and materials to ensure that abstractors know 1) how to utilize our software, 2) understand project-specific Policies & Procedures and 3) follow best practices and recommended workflows. This role will require working collaboratively with Clinical Quality Managers, Clinical Data Specialists, Clinical Abstraction Managers and other members of the internal Abstraction team. This role will report to the Senior Abstraction Training Manager.
- Identify key gaps in training programs and develop interventions to bridge these gaps
- Develop and share best practices for knowledge management, training, and documentation
- Work collaboratively with Clinical Quality Managers, Clinical Data team members and Clinical Abstraction Managers to design, build and deliver training content
- Work collaboratively with Abstraction Operations team to establish metrics and measurement processes to assess the impact and success of training content
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years’ work experience with at least 2+ years’ experience in developing training, e-learning materials/curriculum, and managing project timelines
- Experience designing and implementing training programs for adult learners with a portfolio or body of work for review
- Knowledge of creative training techniques, accelerated learning, L&D best practices, and evaluation standards
- Experience with multimedia, video editing, and e-learning authoring software
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems and SCORM asset management
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders and collaborate in teams to meet objectives
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to situations and prioritize tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Degree or certification related to instructional design, especially with a focus on digital and adult learning
- Nursing degree, healthcare experience or comfort with oncology terms
- Startup experience