Travel Writer at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed is looking for a project-based travel writer for a part-time position, either remote or in our New York office. BuzzFeed's travel brand Bring Me is an expanding editorial endeavor that includes both service-oriented, inspiring, and entertaining content for a travel-loving audience. You are an experienced and conversational writer with talent in travel- and lifestyle-related content creation, and a knack for driving conversion. You'll help our audience discover unique experiences and great accommodation around the world through entertaining and informative formats, from themed roundups to hotel reviews to niche travel guides. If you're the type of person who's constantly planning a trip, sending travel tips to your friends and family, and using every holiday and PTO day as an opportunity to visit somewhere new, we'd love to hear from you!
- Research accommodation in various locations, categories, and price points that are of interest to the BuzzFeed audience.
- Write shareable, unique hotel roundups as well as SEO-friendly travel guides and reviews.
- Develop new travel post formats designed to drive hotel bookings.
- Track and analyze your posts' site traffic and affiliate analytics.
- Previous experience writing for a magazine or website about travel (or exemplary blogging/writing experience)
- Strong attention to detail
- Flawless spelling, grammar, and usage in your writing
- A positive, curious, playful disposition with a sense of humor
- Genuine love for the internet and travel
- Understanding of the BuzzFeed audience and voice
- Previous editing and affiliate experience a big plus
FYI — just because you don’t meet every requirement doesn’t mean we don’t want to hear from you. If you think you’d be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
- In lieu of a traditional cover letter, please include a response to the following with your application:
- Discuss your travel habits (e.g.: what influences your decision to visit a destination, how do you find unique things to do, how do you find a good deal, what ~special tricks~ do you use that most people don’t know about, etc.).
- Tell us about a couple of places you’ve visited that you’re obsessed.
- Include links to any relevant previous work, social media profiles, or portfolios.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.