Underwriter, Workers' Compensation at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
As an Underwriter you are someone from a large casualty insurer, or broker that has experience with underwriting workers' compensation programs. As an Underwriter you will analyze and evaluate work compensation insurance risks to write, retain and grow a profitable book of business. In addition, you are also someone that can quickly hit the ground running and enjoys being in a fast moving iterative environment with a strong culture. If you want to continue your career in a complex but rewarding environment this position is for you!What you'll do
- Apply sound, creative underwriting and business judgment in the timely analysis and evaluation of workers' comp insurance risks
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with broker, program administrator, and carrier
- Prepare and present group training sessions for less experienced underwriters, field personnel
- Participate in department projects and special assignments
- Monitor timely issuance and cancellation of policies, certificates of insurance and endorsements
- 4-Year College Degree
- Underwriter with 2-4 years of relevant experience with: new business proposals, loss rating, renewals, and demonstrated training skills
- Workers' Compensation experience (loss-sensitive program experience a plus but not necessary)
- Large account insurance brokerage or property & casualty carrier experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- You like working with people and helping others solve problems
- You enjoy entrepreneurial environments and want to help build something meaningful
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds, and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.