Please note: All roles at Rhino are remote, and there will be no future in-office mandate.
Exactly 45 billion dollars is locked up in cash security deposits. We prove that there’s a better way. Rhino is bringing financial flexibility to renters everywhere.
We give renters a choice in a transaction that never offered choice before. We replace upfront security deposits with affordable insurance that saves renters hundreds and thousands of dollars. To date, we have saved renters over $150 million and are trusted in over 1 million homes across all 50 states.
Founded in 2017 and VC backed, Rhino's mission is to utilize technology to offer products and services that break down financial barriers and offer a win-win solution for both renters and property owners/managers alike.
The UX Copywriter will be a member of the Product team and work directly with the Product Design team to deliver product experiences that people love. You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining Rhino’s voice across all product touch-points and creating customer-facing copy and email campaigns that speak directly to both sides of our B2B2C marketplace.In this role you will:
- Partner with Design, Product, and Engineering partners to bring coherence and consistency to UX copywriting efforts within product tools and features
- Plan, write, and document clear and compelling product copy that facilitates user navigation, as well on-boarding, promos, error messages, instructional materials, and other components of the end-to-end user experience
- Identify opportunities to improve UX content solutions to evolve products, always advocating for and delighting the user
- Clearly articulate the rationale behind the work, from high-level strategy to language choices, with thinking grounded in UX principles
- Help establish UX writing principles, guidelines, and best practices while considering how the words you use impact the user across their journey
- Participate in critiques, work sessions, and user interviews to strengthen Rhino’s approach to user needs
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, product marketers, product managers, engineers, and the Legal team while Influencing and adapting to their feedback
- Need the willingness to step up and lead projects with dogged persistence to deliver on OKR initiatives
- (Please include a portfolio with samples of user interfaces, microcopy, user education, transactional emails, style guides, or product launch content that showcases an ability to translate ideas into jargon-free, thoughtful, and concise copy.)
- 3+ years of experience in UX content strategy in a product-focused environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to lead thinking, explain reasoning, and present findings and recommendations in a clear and articulate manner— in writing and in person
- An understanding of user flows and UX/UI principles across channels and devices, including basic SEO principles
- An understanding of user experience and content optimization principles across channels and devices, including basic SEO principles
- Proven experience working alongside product managers, designers, and product marketers to build compelling product experiences
- Familiarity with design considerations and partnership, with a high level of comfort giving/receiving constructive feedback about work in progress
- Knowledge of Figma and the ability to collaborate within it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.