About the Podcaster mission
Spotify is a global community of over 250 million music fans and artists, and now podcasters. It’s always been our mission to make audio more accessible, and create a new and wonderful way for creators and fans to connect with each other.
The Podcaster Mission is the team within Spotify responsible for building the best tools for podcast creators. We have two platforms that help us do that: Anchor (the platform that allows you to create, distribute, monetize, and grow a podcast, all for free) and Spotify for Podcasters (the platform that makes it easy to understand and engage with your listeners on Spotify).
We’ve done a lot already, and we have no plans of slowing down. Come help us build the future of podcasting!
What you'll do
- Write clear, consistent, concise user-interface content, landing pages, product emails, and notifications
- Develop product names and narratives for early stage products
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, product managers, marketers, and engineers to deliver compelling UX solutions
- Leverage data and research to evaluate content’s impact
- Look at messaging through a global lens to help deliver experiences for different markets
- Maintain and document evolving content, brand, and voice/tone standards
- Help define a clear and repeatable process for how others can work with UX writing
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience writing or editing copy for web and mobile experiences, ideally for a consumer-facing product
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines
- You’re no stranger to tackling taxonomy and information architecture challenges. In fact, you enjoy them. Immensely.
- You have experience writing for a variety of audiences with diverse sets of needs and wants.
- Are passionate about podcasts and building tools for creators
- Can concept on the fly and collaborate with anyone to get things done
- Have empathy for your audience and can anticipate user needs
- Always choose clear and concise over clever and wordy to get an idea across
- Love both strategy and hands-on writing and editing
- Thrive in a fast-paced organization.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.
Read Full Job Description