Vise is an investment management platform built for financial advisors. Founded in 2016, Vise gives advisors the tools and technology they need to grow their business and help clients achieve their goals. By empowering advisors, Vise advances its mission of creating financial freedom for everyone. Vise is backed by Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, Bond Capital and Ribbit Capital, and recently completed a Series C funding round. Come join us!
Our office is located in One World Trade in NYC. Our office is open at limited capacity with strict contact tracing and protocols for anyone who chooses to go in. We will continue to be remote-optional until September 30, 2021. We will monitor Covid-19 trends to ensure the safety of our employees.
We’re growing our Product and Design team to create new and better experiences across our platform. As part of that effort, we’re looking for a UX Writer to join us and focus on driving trust, clarity, and joy through language. You will reduce friction by helping our advisors confidently navigate the complexities of portfolio creation, portfolio management and client management. You will be embedded in the product organization as a member of our design team, and will partner closely with our product managers, product marketers, product designers, researchers, sales and compliance on feature development, naming, user flows, product logic, voice and tone guides, and education.
We are looking for an experienced UX Writer that can confidently drive our in-product voice and tone, helping define what it means to sound like Vise. The right candidate is self-directed and comfortable digging into multiple projects at once, focusing both on longer-term strategic considerations and more tactical day-to-day writing. You’ll use your exceptional writing skills to shape product experiences that make complex concepts simple, trustworthy, and smart for advisors. You’ll also partner with our compliance and legal team to ensure language is clear, digestible and compliant throughout the product. You are obsessed with good grammar and the written word. You know how to craft compelling narratives that connect the dots throughout our advisors’ journey on Vise. You thrive collaborating with product designers, product managers, product marketing managers and researchers and know how to embed yourself effectively in the product development process. You understand the subtleties and nuances of the financial services industry, and can balance innovative writing with industry standard language.
What you will bring on Day 1
- Write stellar, clear and crisp content for Vise’s product experiences, user communications (like texts and emails), and more
- Work with PMs, PMMs, Designers, and Researchers at all stages of the product development process
- Work with designers and researchers to help define research projects, suggest questions for research, and use what you learn to improve content
- Work with legal / compliance with a strong focus on compliant and clear copy
- Advance brand voice across our products
- Bring your keen sense of usability to participate in design sprints for new products, helping define flows and features
- Help write style guides and other writing guidelines
- UX writing portfolio for review
- Experience with the financial services industry
- Degree in human behavior related fields including HCI, Journalism, English, Psychology, Social Science, Anthropology
Vise celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.