UX Writer/Product Copy - Freelance/Short Term
Do you believe every word matters? Do you geek out over UX and conversion metrics? Do you believe writing is a crucial “unicorn skill?” If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Updater is seeking a freelance Product Copywriter / UX Writer for a short-term engagement writing effective copy for our platform.
Updater is one of the fastest growing tech companies in NYC. Our goal is to streamline the moving process for the millions of households who move each year. Moving is complicated, but it shouldn’t be. That’s why we need a Product Copywriter to help our users navigate it, make great decisions, and feel prepared (and stress-free!) for their big move.
What you’ll do:
- Drive on-platform conversion improvement by proposing tests and deploying effective copy to our platform.
- Review our features and make recommendations of where we can improve conversion through smart, memorable copy.
- Explore how we can set new expectations early in the funnel so that our users are excited about our product.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with our marketing, product, and engineering teams.
- Help establish Updater’s on-platform voice and how it translates into current market trends and user experience (UX) best practices.
- Propose user-facing A/B tests to inform product strategy.
What you’ll have:
- Extensive product copywriting experience with consumer-facing products (that solve a problem) with a focus on conversion & on-platform spend.
- Great UX sensibility
- Experience building user trust through word choice
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater was named a top 100 Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC twice and was ranked as the highest rated tech company on the list in 2016. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.