Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open-source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?About the Role
We are looking for a Video Editor to own the end-to-end production process for Cockroach University, our free online learning platform focused on teaching developers and operators what they need to know to use CockroachDB and CockroachCloud. In this role, you’ll be responsible for understanding our brand and the learning principles our Curriculum Developers use to structure the content, and making sure that both are reflected in the final video production. You are someone who is excited about creating an online education experience that is engaging, informative, and helps our customers better use CockroachDB. For examples of the team's existing work, you can sign up for free at this link and view the content. Location for this role is flexible but you must be US-based.You Will
- Create all video and sound assets for Cockroach University based on initial input and storyboards and iterative feedback from Curriculum Developers.
- Establish a library of base diagrams and components for still and motion graphics based on company branding guidelines.
- Manage and streamline the production process so that it is set up to scale and ensure that all deliverables are tracked and milestones are achieved.
- Provide creative input and recommendations to make courseware as engaging and informative as possible and production guidance for optimal video and audio quality.
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB and understand the value it brings to our customers; get a handle on the Training team’s current priorities and processes; and start editing video content for new and existing Cockroach University courses.
3 months in, you will be editing videos for multiple new and existing Cockroach University courses; streamlining the production process to work transparently and efficiently across pairs of Curriculum Developers working in parallel; and establishing a branded library of diagrams and components.You Have
- 2-4 years of experience as a video editor in a professional post-production environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with the ability to present complex, technical ideas in a clear, concise, and creative manner.
- Experience using video editing and production software, such as Final Cut or Premiere.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
Reporting to Jesse Seldess - VP of Education
The CockroachDB mission is to make data easy. Jesse makes sure we build the educational counterpart to that mission: Make learning CockroachDB easy and intuitive. Previously, he spent four years at AppNexus building and leading a team of writers through a broad range of docs scenarios, from technical integrations to business use. In off-hours, he’s probably make-believing with his kids, reading literature, or writing his own.Our Benefits
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected].