Video Editor, Originals
The Dodo is seeking a creative and experienced editor to join our Original Productions team as a Video Editor. To thrive in this role, you’ll need to excel at crafting emotionally compelling narratives that hook viewers immediately and keep them watching until the very end. You’ll feel comfortable working on mid- or longer-form social video, as well as scripting and structuring memorable, emotional stories. You’ll create engaging video content for distribution on our social channels (including Facebook, YouTube and Instagram) and on third party video platforms. The ideal candidate will have an obsession with digital media and an eagerness to always stay two steps ahead of rapidly evolving best practices. A passion for finding the heart of the story and an urgency for reaching a wide audience are key.
- Edit multiple original video series that exemplify the Dodo voice and brand
- Work with team members to deliver on creative visions of each series and to meet all deliverable deadlines
- Provide editing support on additional projects when needed
- Collaborate with team members and provide support on other
original productions when needed
- Conceive and pitch original concepts on a consistent basis
- 2-4 years relevant experience editing on Adobe Premiere
- 1-2 years relevant experience in After Effects
- Desire to work for a mission driven company and a love of animals
- Extremely creative, organized and dedicated to creating best-in-class videos
- Able to work independently and also exchange constructive feedback with a close-knit team
- Deep understanding of the Dodo brand and a drive to excel at the kind of storytelling that resonates emotionally with animal lovers
- Experience creating emotionally compelling narrative video (please provide examples)
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.