Video Editor, Snapchat
Thrillist is seeking an experienced and creative video editor with a strong digital (and preferably vertical video) background to contribute daily video content to our Snapchat Discover channel, as well as crack new platform-specific formats. The Video Editor, Snapchat is responsible for owning video-editing needs, working with the larger Snapchat team to execute the creation and production of daily Snaps, as well as infusing engaging and unique videos into the story slate for our daily editions. You will work closely with the Art Director - Special Platforms and the Editorial Lead - Snapchat, and will be expected to push the creative boundaries of the platform to help establish Thrillist as a trailblazer in the space. You will also liaise with the larger Thrillist editorial video team on best practices in order to constantly hone the channel’s strategy and make sure the video creative is aligned with the Thrillist vision.
Thrillist Snapchat focuses predominantly on travel, which is a core pillar of the brand. The ideal candidate will be eager to showcase travel expertise through a video-first language, and utilize an existing database of written travel content to elevate the brand to an excited audience. Our Snapchat Discover edition will be 5 days per week, so consistently planning ahead and reacting to relevant national conversation is essential.
You should have an iron-clad understanding of the Thrillist voice and brand, and a great eye for vertical video. You should be witty, creative, super flexible, able to recognize good creative and good storytelling when you see it... and of course, love Snapchat!
This position reports to the Editorial Lead, Snapchat. Please send your resume, cover letter and clips with this application.
- Produce, shoot, and edit for Thrillist Snapchat. You may even end up on camera!
- Work with the rest of the Snap team to build the best, most engaging stories
- Pitch new stories, executions, and ideas
- Innovate new styles and formats that help define Thrillist on Snapchat
- Meet tight deadlines with quick turnaround
- Coordinate with written travel team and to find even more cool stories to cover
- Own the creative process from start to delivery, from directing to shooting and editing
- 2-3+ years experience, with proven skills in building high quality video stories with a mix of text, graphics, and new formats
- Have a great eye for vertical video and what makes a Snapchat user want more
- Familiarity with the digital video and social media landscape
- The ability to coordinate and communicate with multiple teams in an efficient manner; meet deadlines; and work well under pressure
- Extremely creative, organized, and an eye for detail
- Strong passion for travel and a true understanding of the Thrillist brand
- Be intimate with making social video content and growing audiences; have a data-driven approach to making programming and story decisions
- Be an innovator in styles and techniques
- Be a problem solver with a smile
- Extensive experience with: Adobe Premiere, video editing, color correction, file management, and CMS fluency
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.