Video Editor at Squarespace
At Squarespace, our in-house creative department controls every aspect of how we show up in the world, from the design of our products, to our advertising campaigns and social channels. We put a premium on visual beauty and storytelling and have assembled both the tools (double-walled cyc, lighting package, video and stills equipment) and the team (writers, designers, art directors, animators, filmmakers, photographers) to deliver it.
As our team expands, we're seeking a Video Editor to work on a wide range of deliverables, from documentary shorts to graphics-driven content. You must have a knack for storytelling, the technical knowledge to work on complex projects with many different types of media, great taste, and a compelling visual style. In addition to editing, you'll also have the opportunity to work upstream on creative campaigns, prototype ideas that will eventually end up in our products, and participate in shoots.
You will report to the Senior Design Manager in our New York office.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Produce and edit impactful video content for all digital channels with an emphasis and capabilities around the use of motion graphics
- Produce on-trend content for SQSP that engages, educates and inspires
- Take complete ownership of your project from ingestion to organizing rushes, taking your first cut through to final delivery
- Contribute to team brainstorming sessions
- Contribute to a strong and positive creative culture on the team
- 3+ years of experience as a video editor
- Have your finger on the pulse of video trends, internet culture, with a knowledge of how to apply them to our own executions
- Understanding of platforms and social media best practices, with experience in social-first production
- Experience editing videos from docu-series to short form social videos
- Knowledge of the stages of production and post-delivery methods
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Premiere, with some exposure to Adobe After Effects and DaVinci Resolve
- Ability to take creative direction and bring a story and vision to life
- Expertise with color correction/grading, sound design, and animation
- Proficient knowledge of color correction
- Great with feedback and revisions, including hands on experience turning performance data and insights into actionable optimizations
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.