Worker' Compensation Underwriting Assistant at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You value details and understand the different ways they can impact the bigger picture. You have a deep intellectual curiosity that you seek to leverage in a bustling environment. A knack for logistics keeps you going and helps your team stay on track too.
As a Workers’ Compensation Underwriting Assistant, your days will be spent assisting our team of Underwriters to gain a clear understanding of what Justworks’ clients do, and how and where they do it. You will translate these insights into evaluating workers’ compensation insurance risks. As part of one of the fastest growing parts of Justworks, you will witness your ideas turn into process and procedure improvements.What You Will Work On
- Review applications for acceptability according to underwriting guidelines and determine tasks to be completed before moving forward
- Ensure all required customer documentation is accurate and collected in a timely manner to insure proper coverage is initiated and maintained for Justworks customers
- Maintain effective working relationship with broker, program administrator, and carrier
- Resolve workers’ compensation related customer inquiries/issues
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, and create resolutions
- Communicate with company underwriters and internal teams to provide status, or other assistance as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
As a Workers’ Compensation Underwriting Assistant, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Ethical practice - the ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Analytical - uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum 1-2 years of work experience
- Demonstrate ability to learn on the fly and apply new information/concepts into practice
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented - able to review data sets for accuracy
- You are flexible and open to changes in processes or teams
- You like working with people and helping others solve problems
- You enjoy entrepreneurial environments and want to help build something meaningful
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment