Writer/Coordinator, Proposal Operations at Spring Health
| Greater NYC Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:55 a.m. (EST) on Saturday, October 9, 2021
Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is the leading comprehensive mental health benefit for employers. We help employees understand their mental health issues and connect with best-in-class providers to get the right treatment at the right time.
From early detection to full recovery, Spring Health is the only clinically validated solution in the market proven to be more effective than traditional mental healthcare. By combining the latest technology with vetted providers, we help engage 1 in 3 employees, reduce recovery times, and lower healthcare costs. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry. We have raised over $300 million to date from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
We are seeking a proposal writer/coordinator who will write responses, conduct research, mine data, and build relationships with internal subject matter experts and sales teams during RFP, RFI, and proposal writing and submission processes. The role will report to the Senior Manager, Proposal Operations.
The ideal candidate is very organized and will be able to build relationships, manipulate data, work cross-functionally, support others, and learn new platforms and applications. They enjoy writing and numbers, and they understand how to manipulate language and data in support of key marketing and communications initiatives.
What you’ll be doing:
- Write and edit technical responses for RFPs, RFIs, and prospect questions
- Stay abreast of changing messaging, new product launches, company policies, and content in the support and maintenance of the company’s content library and marketing assets
- Piece together scattered responses from across a diverse group of subject matter experts and ensure all content is consistent and tailored for individual prospective clients
- Mine data from numerous reporting sources from across the enterprise and manipulate it to provide positive messaging about the company
- Support proposal operations and sales teams in planning, producing, and delivering consistent and professional proposals within a complex business environment under strict guidelines and deadlines
- Ensure draft responses to RFPs and RFIs are compliant and professionally produced within customer defined requirements and timeframes
- Develop basic understanding and knowledge of proposal platforms, including RFPio, Proposal Tech, RFP360, Scout, Mercer VIP, Shortlister, Jaggaer, GEP, Ariba Commerce, Power Advocate, and others, as needed
What we expect from you:
- You have 3+ years of B2B experience in business writing, corporate communications, storytelling, and new business proposal development
- You may or may not have a BS or BA degree, but you are definitely a lifelong learner
- You have a keen interest in healthcare communications
- You have strong English language writing skills, excellent attention to detail, are intellectually curious, and have a passion for mental health
- You are deadline oriented and able to prioritize workloads as needed to meet them
- You like nothing more than manipulating reports and sourcing data insights
- You are a top performer, yet a collaborative and cross-functional player who thrives in a culture of accountability and entrepreneurship
- You are a self-starter who thrives when given autonomy, with proven ability and desire to build effective internal/external relationships
- You obsess about achieving the company’s goals and are relentless in pursuing them; you consider the success of others your success and flourish in a meaningful support role
Why you'll like working at Spring Health:
- Big mission: we're revolutionizing the mental health industry
- The challenge: make a big impact by joining a fast-growing team in its early stages
- Good benefits: we offer health, dental and vision benefits as well as access to mental health care on Spring Health
- Great people: make an impact on something that truly helps people alongside an incredible team
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
Members Come First We are genuine member advocates.
Move Fast to Change Lives We build with urgency and intention.
Take Ownership We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.
Embrace Diverse Teams & Perspectives We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Science Will Win We will achieve impact by innovation and evidence based frameworks.
Candor with Care We are open, honest and empathetic.
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Read Full Job Description