MLB is looking for a YouTube expert who can help run our MLB YouTube channel. We are looking for someone who is familiar with the sports social video landscape. Familiarity with baseball and YouTube is required. Editing experience and is preferred.
- Assist with maintenance and optimization of MLB’s YouTube page, ranging from selecting videos to be published, coordinating thumbnail images, organizing playlists, titling videos, adding effective descriptions and tags, etc.
- Monitor comments across YouTube channels and MLB’s Community Posts.
- Deep understanding of how titling and thumbnails can affect a video's performance
- Work during MLB game times to get best action from around MLB on MLB’s YouTube channel
- Identify baseball moments in realtime that would make effective and engaging YouTube content.
- Requesting realtime game footage from MLB’s Production group that could be put on MLB’s YouTube page
- Cutting and creating highlight reels around that day’s action
- Player top performances, for example
- Strategize effective content programs surrounding MLB action that would work well on YouTube
- Understand YouTube and social metrics to help adjust YouTube and social video strategy
- Work closely with the MLB social media content team and the other video production teams within baseball to ensure we’re creating the best video content up to MLB standards, but also understanding the audience on social and the type of content on social is different
- Pitch ideas for shows, produced stories and other video ideas for MLB’s YouTube channel and other video distribution outlets
- Help ideate original video feature stories for MLB’s YouTube page and social platforms
- Job will require the individual to work during MLB game times, so night/weekend work should be expected
- 2+ years experience in YouTube and social media content
- Extensive experience working within the YouTube ecosystem and running a YouTube page is preferred
- Experience with Adobe Premiere
- Experience with Adobe After Effects and adding graphics to video also preferred
- Familiarity with the sports YouTube universe/community
- Familiarity with YouTube metrics and other social media metrics
- A strong understanding of YouTube and other social platforms to understand how video works best on each platform we’re making content for
- Strong organizational skills with experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects happening at once
- Working knowledge of video and content management systems for digital platforms