Controller | NYC
BetterCloud is the first SaaS Application Management and Security Platform, enabling IT to centralize, orchestrate, and operationalize day-to-day administration and control for SaaS applications. Every day, thousands of customers rely on BetterCloud to centralize data and controls, surface operational intelligence, enforce complex security policies, and delegate custom administrator privileges across SaaS applications. BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City with an engineering office in Atlanta, GA. For more information, please visit www.bettercloud.com.
We’re a high-energy, high-growth startup seeking a Controller in New York City. This is a fantastic opportunity for a strategic finance & accounting professional looking for a blended accounting and finance leadership role.
The ideal candidate is a self-driven leader capable of taking full ownership of accounting and financial operations at BetterCloud. You will be responsible for all accounting and reporting, audit, and tax compliance in addition to leading key accounting and finance initiatives to support growth. The Controller will be an important contributor to operating and strategic decision making, and will represent the accounting & finance function to senior management team and investors. The Controller will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Timely and accurate financial reporting including financial statements and investor reporting
- Design, implement, and maintain appropriate financial controls, systems, and procedures
- Lead internal and external audits
- Serve as lead technical accounting resource for the company
- Help establish international operations
- Ensure federal, state, and local tax compliance
- Mentor, lead, and develop growing accounting and finance team
- Provide analysis and recommendations to executive leadership team to guide business decisions and strategy
- 7+ yrs accounting & finance experience
- Experience working at fast-growing, subscription-based technology company a plus
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong project management & collaboration skills
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
- Career growth with an industry innovator