At Meetup we elevate communities, with authentic relationships and inspired leadership. We connect our local organizers and meetups to the brand, creating the stories that define Meetup, in a relevant and hyper-local voice.
We are looking for a Copywriter who enjoys working in a fast paced environment and loves the challenge of discovering what makes members click. Fluent in concepting and collaborating. Comfortable presenting copy and concepts. Your ideas are fresh, strategic and always on brand.
On a normal day you might
- Take on the role of primary writer on various projects
- Manage the quality of all copy deliverables and ensure they meet Meetup standards for creative excellence
- Develop concepts, scripts, etc. alongside team members
- Produce rough concept decks to propose your proactive ideas
- Work with the Creative Director and Producer to ensure copy is delivered on time and in line
with the project expectations
The ideal person
- Is a team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- Has a strong portfolio with engaging copy
- Has hands-on experience with strategic copy development, brand messaging, digital communications (social and tactical) and script writing
- Is self-motivated and can work with a lot of autonomy, yet thrive in a collaborative environment
- Stays on top of all trends and maintains best practices
- Has experience with a youthful, cutting edge, influential brand
- Has relevant education or training
The finer print
- You actively live and breathe the Meetup culture and are a people person who makes friends everywhere you go!
- We want to make the world a better place by bringing people together in real life,
and we truly mean that