Yext puts business on the map. The Yext Knowledge Engine™ lets companies manage their digital knowledge in the cloud and sync it to over 100 services in the PowerListings® Network. Yext Listings, Pages, and Reviews help businesses around the globe facilitate face-to-face and digital interactions that boost brand awareness, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Yext is seeking an experienced accounting professional to join our growing team. The Corporate Controller will be responsible for leading many aspects of the Company's finance and accounting functions. In addition to managing other members of the accounting team, the Corporate Controller will work cross-departmentally to build-out and improve key financial processes. Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, this leader will be a true partner to the organization always approaching work with a lens of adding value to the company.
Yext is looking for a leader with a proven track record of creating and enacting new strategies. These key skillsets will help drive efficiency and best practices in order to aggressively position Yext for global success that will benefit both shareholders and employees alike.
- Lead, coach, hire and develop a growing team while establishing a vision for global expansion
- Develop a high performing accounting team, ensuring redundancy in training across key processes
- Develop relationships with the Yext management team in order to effectively execute on company policy and process changes as well as other key company-wide initiatives
- Identify, track and report on key financial and non-financial performance metrics; work with the team to analyze trends and develop/implement changes to drive improvements
- Work with the Chief Accounting Officer and other Finance team leaders to evaluate, recommend and implement new financial accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Build efficiencies into all aspects of the group’s operations including systems and process
- Lead all aspects of the month end close process
- Effectively manage audit, tax, and valuation process with third party firms
- Assist FP&A team with accounting-related budget items during annual budget and periodic forecasting cycles.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA designation
- 20+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience, minimum of 4 years must be as an Assistant Controller/Controller, or similar position in a high-growth technology company registered with the SEC
- Excels at interacting with business leaders internally and externally. Ability to confidently and effectively communicate to all levels. Gain cooperation through discussion, influence and persuasion
- Strong team leader with experience building, managing and developing a global team
- Comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP, with SaaS experience preferred
- Experience with scaling business processes globally and operating in environments that have achieved significant scale
- Proven project management skills with a focus on timeliness and high quality results
- Effective problem solving, methodical, detail-oriented, innovative, and highly analytical
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- A multi-tasker with the ability to accurately work in a fast paced, rapidly growing and changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
- Experience with a Big 4 firm
- SEC reporting (10-K, 10-Q) experience
- Knowledge of cloud based ERP systems and implementations of such systems
- Experience in a multi-country/currency environment
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours / paid time off, and excellent health / dental / vision insurance. Our mission is to help people go places—both consumers to our customers’ doorsteps and our employees to new heights in their careers. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext is based in the heart of New York City, with offices operating in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, London, Paris, Tokyo, and Washington D.C. Yext has been recognized as one of America’s fastest-growing companies by Inc. 5000 (2015 & 2016), one of Forbes’ Most Promising Companies (2014 & 2015), and one of Fortune's Best Places to Work (2014, 2015, & 2016). Most recently, Yext was named the #1 Workplace in New York City by Great Place to Work® and Fortune.
You can learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.