Corporate Development Manager
Stash is investing, simplified. We are an investing platform that makes it easy for anyone to start with as little as $5. Through empowering our users with education and guidance, we help investors learn the basics so they can do it themselves, At Stash, we are working toward a future where investors are as diverse as our world.
As a Corporate Development Manager, you will be tasked with a combination of long-term projects and daily operational activities focused on driving top-line growth and achieving greater operational efficiency. This role will focus on banking, credit, and payments related markets, and we expect you to have significant expertise in the business models and development challenges associated with banking, credit and/or payments, preferably in a fintech / startup environment.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate on business development and strategic projects, working cross-functionally with stakeholders across the organization to provide ongoing business support, increase efficiency, and identify opportunities for growth
- Evaluate potential expansion opportunities based on local market dynamics, expected profitability and strategic value
- Provide key research and analysis to support organic growth and assess potential acquisition opportunities in new and existing markets
- Pilot exciting new revenue generation initiatives that have the potential for step-change impact on Stash’s growth and long-term profitability
- Develop material that communicates our unique value proposition to clients
- Manage key operational activities (e.g., tracking metrics dashboards, industry & competitive research)
What we’re looking for:
- B.A. or B.S.
- 3-6 years of direct experience in corporate development in a financial services company, preferably fintech
- Ability to own strategic, operational, and detail-oriented functional responsibilities
- Experience with large data sets and ability to extract business insights from quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Polished visual, written, and oral presentation skills
- Ability and appetite to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter attitude and ability to exercise judgment and solve difficult problems without direct supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and glass-half-full mentality