Abstraction Quality Data Analyst
We're looking for an Abstraction Quality Data Analyst to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Abstraction team to help develop quality metrics, dashboards, and operations tools in order to surface quality issues and improve them. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Abstraction Operations, you'll be working to unlock this value from data gathered by our internal systems in order to assure abstracted data meets the needs of our customers. This includes using interactive data visualization, creating ad hoc tools and analyses/experiments, or developing predictive models. In addition, you'll also:
- Transform data quality metadata into actionable insights using robust statistical methods and compelling data visualizations in formats accessible to Abstraction Clinical Quality Managers and internal stakeholders
- Develop, document, and maintain metrics for unstructured data processing quality and operations teams
- Surface quality trends/issues to Abstraction Clinical Quality Managers through the development and support of data tools and dashboards
- Build and own complex data pipelines (Extract, Transform, Load) using SQL, Python, and/or R and other data processing tools
- Visualize and explain analyzed data to non-technical team members to support decision-making
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to define experiments and projects using data to support internal processes or prioritize internal software feature requests
- Generate ideas for analyses to shape future projects, contributing to a pipeline of opportunities that will help Flatiron achieve its ambitious goals
The Abstraction Quality Data Analyst will work collaboratively with Clinical Quality Managers, Clinical Data Analysts, Abstraction Operations, Data Insights Engineers,and other members of the Research Organization.
Who You Are
You're a Data Analyst with 1-3 years of work experience analyzing data and creating visualizations in business intelligence software (e.g., Superset, Tableau, Lookr, etc). You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a BS or MS from a technical field of study (e.g. data science, engineering, computer science, mathematics, applied statistics, health economics, etc.) or you’ve done programming/scripting on your own.
- You have experience coding in at least one data-centric programming language such as SQL, Python (Pandas), or R.
- You have experience working with and automating spreadsheets such as Excel (with Excel VBA) and Google Sheets (with Google App Scripts)
- You are a self-starter who can and independently prioritize and address problems in a highly ambiguous environment.
- You are a clear and confident communicator who can break down complex data analyses to tell a compelling story.
- You are comfortable working with remote teams.
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have prior Quality Assurance experience.
- You have prior Operations experience.
- You have prior Oncology or Clinical Data experience.
- You have experience designing experiments or creating predictive models.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.