Academics Data Operations Manager at Flatiron Health
We're looking for an Academics Data Operations and Analytics Manager to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Academics team to coordinate and supervise the integration of data from our academic medical center (AMC) partners. Reporting to the Director of Data Operations, you'll work directly with technical teams at AMCs to understand how their data is stored and the best way to extract and integrate it with our platform. AMCs are a vital component of our research network, treating a high volume of patients, offering cutting edge clinical trials, and managing the care of some of the rarest forms of cancer.
You will also be a pivotal member of the internal Academics team, helping to find commonalities and efficiencies across sites that will enable us to scale quickly, and working with internal stakeholders to understand their data needs. Finally, you will contribute to the design and continuous improvement of our data load processes including monitoring, alerting, and issue investigation analysis. In addition, you'll also:
- Identify, scope, and analyze data captured by our AMC partners to power Flatiron’s analytics and research products
- Through data analysis and communication with our AMC technical partners, understand the data model of each site’s source data and define the mapping to Flatiron’s internal model
- Work with our AMC partners to set up secure processes and technology to repeatedly extract and deliver data
- Design technical and operational processes to scale data integrations across sites
- Ensure that the extracted data is high quality while establishing monitoring and alerting rules to identify issues in data received from sites
- Investigate source data anomalies, define and communicate the impact and resolution plan to other Flatiron stakeholder teams
- Coordinate requests for new data elements across our partner sites
Who You Are
You're a tenacious data analyst and problem solver with 3 plus years of data integration, analytics, or architecture experience. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a passion for working with data and understand the value and importance of ensuring its quality
- You are thorough in your problem solving approach and pride yourself on your ability to communicate your findings to a variety of audiences (technical, product, senior leadership)
- You are proficient in SQL
- You are self-motivated and thrive in high-uncertainty situations
- You have strong project management, presentation, communication, and customer service skills
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience with Electronic Medical Records systems, Practice Management systems, or other complex systems processing healthcare or biotechnology R&D data
- You have experience working with HL7/FHIR EHR interfaces
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics