AI Scientist - Deep Learning in Computer Vision/Medical Imaging at Covera Health
AI Scientist - Deep Learning in Computer Vision/Medical Imaging
About the company
At Covera Health, we have proven that advanced data science can prevent serious misdiagnoses, which result in poor outcomes for patients and increased costs for payers. Starting in radiology, we are using our proprietary quality analytics framework to help people recover better, faster, and more affordably. Today, we are working with some of the largest healthcare payers in the nation to potentially impact millions of patient lives.
About the role
We are looking for a talented AI Scientist with a focus on Deep Learning and Computer Vision to join us in our commitment to improve the quality of care for patients in every community across the nation. It is crucial that you have a Masters or PhD with a thesis and work in application of image analysis methodologies.
You will work with a growing multidisciplinary team of talented data scientists, other statisticians, engineers, and researchers to leverage unique healthcare data (in the form of MRI images, clinical reports, claims data, and beyond). You will leverage this data to create new and improved methods for assessing and predicting the quality of care delivered by healthcare providers and determining the impact that care quality has on overall patient outcomes and cost. You will have the opportunity to work with extremely diverse and entirely unique medical image and healthcare datasets that extend to all phases of care delivery (referral, diagnosis, therapy, and outcome/follow-up) from the perspective of all key stakeholders (patients, providers, payers).
Your responsibilities will include helping to execute the company’s AI strategy in the area of medical image analysis, as well as to further create, extend, and validate the image analysis algorithms in use at Covera Health. You will play a key role in producing and sharing the results we achieve with the broader scientific community. You will be expected to:
- Develop robust algorithms and techniques using image analytics, computer vision, and deep learning across a variety of large and diverse medical image datasets
- Validate analysis and solutions using or enhancing existing methodologies, frameworks, and architecture to create, extend, and validate models for image normalization, segmentation, and classification
- Design criteria and methods for evaluating the performance of image analysis algorithms on test and real clinical data
- Research and recommend tools, algorithms, and solutions in line with our quality of care improvement strategy
- Collaborate with our internal and external teams and clinical partners and all internal and external teams to implement our clinical research roadmap
- Contribute to the enhancement and extension of all our data analytics pipelines and environment
- Collaborate with data science team members and other colleagues on research activities
- Help to shape Covera Health’s medical image analysis and broader data analytics strategy by identifying new opportunities
- PhD or MS in computer science or related field with work experience as a Research Scientist in Image Analysis or Computer Vision
- Strong deep learning background and familiarity with state-of-the-art techniques in object detection, segmentation. Familiarity with Deep ReInforcement Learning is a plus.
- Applied programming experience in Python, C, and/or C++
- Experience with libraries and tools like Tensor Flow, PyTorch, Theano, Keras, and CUDA
- Contribution to research communities and/or journals, including NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc.
- Excellent ability to work well as an individual contributor as well as within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and can-do attitude to work and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience working with medical image data is a plus
You will be a full-time employee with competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and a comfortable office space filled with a variety of quality snacks and beverages. Most importantly, you’ll get to know each of us and we love to work together to find solutions. We are a smart, fun, focused, and unique team of people who are truly passionate about changing healthcare for the better!