Analyst - AdTech/Programmatic
Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers), and Foursquare Analytics (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, and in sales offices around the globe, we’re dedicated to our trailblazing mission—enriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence.
About This Role
Foursquare is expanding its world-class analytics team with the mission of reinventing how the online and offline worlds are connected using our proprietary location intelligence solutions. Foursquare is seeking a NYC-based talented Analyst - Programmatic/AdTech to support Pinpoint, a managed/self service product that empowers brands to understand and to connect with targeted audiences that are informed by location intelligence. Reporting into the Sr. Director of Analytics, this role will work closely with all parts of analytics as well as with the engineering, product, sales and marketing organizations to get to the bottom of hard data questions, to ensure data quality and identify opportunities that will shape the direction of the company.
- Be a core part of the Analytics team. Work closely with product managers, engineers and Sales leadership.
- Develop new KPIs and use existing ones to identify, diagnose, and resolve campaign performance issues.
- Plan, organize and facilitate A/B tests over audience/segmentation performance.
- Lead cross-functional investigations on data quality to scale and improve our panel.
- Interface and collaborate with internal teams and vendors to develop a deep understanding of the capabilities and limits of the technologies we employ across the advertising tech vertical.
- Help develop processes to evaluate and track data/algorithm quality over time.
- Bachelor/Masters degree in an analytical field such as CS/Engineering/Econ/Math/Stats/Physics/etc.
- 3+ years work experience as a Quantitative Analyst, Data Scientist, or comparable role
- Outstanding troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally and comfortable working with ambiguity
- Experience working with large datasets and expertise in SQL; Ideally familiar with AWS or Python
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau or Quicksight
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis, experiment design, normalization, modeling, and multivariate testing
- A perfectionist for getting analyses correct; a pragmatist for getting things done on time
- Digital experience: DSP, GDN, Ad Network, Publisher, Media Optimization, or SEM strongly preferred
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.