Analyst, Business Development at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Business Development
Transforming finance and empowering the individual through crypto is a deeply human pursuit. In Business Development we build relationships, are on the front lines of all critical customer service issues, and help manage the customer lifecycle through pivotal stages in their Gemini journey. Whether it’s identifying new key institutional clients or servicing a retail customer’s needs, our goal is the same: deliver for our customers no matter what.
The Role: Analyst, Business Development
Gemini is looking for a Business Development Analyst to grow our business in APAC by promoting Gemini’s unique value proposition in the financial space. This person will play a significant part in broadening Gemini’s reputation as a trusted, secure cryptocurrency exchange for institutional clients and will use a thoughtful, authentic, and knowledgeable approach to sales to both gain new business and to cultivate established relationships.
This position is full-time and will report into the Director of Business Development at Gemini’s office in Singapore, and will work closely with Gemini’s global Business Development team.
- Support Business Development team members in the acquisition and management of ultra-high net worth and institutional client relationships
- Become a subject matter expert for Gemini’s exchange, Gemini CustodyTM, and other institutional products
- Work closely with Gemini’s compliance, financial operations, and product teams to support institutional clients in a timely and detail-oriented manner
- Build a network of channel sales relationships and own relationship management processes for existing and acquired institutional clients
- Develop a solution-driven approach to serve our institutional client base which may require creative out of the box thinking and working closely with our offices globally
- Establish an influencer and community management marketing program for Gemini’s key product launch in Asia
- Lead and support user growth acquisition globally through product development, market research and affiliate programs
- A resourceful self-starter and tenacious problem-solver, willing to roll up one's sleeves to meet client needs and improve client experience
- Excellent verbal/written communication, strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail, work ethic, and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for learning about new technology and the digital asset industry
- Comfortable working in an evolving, high growth startup environment and great in managing internal stakeholders
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin
- Experience in cryptocurrency market
- Passion for cryptocurrency industry
- Experience in a startup environment
- Understands derivatives and the general crypto derivatives landscape
- Strong network with influencers and understands affiliate and referral programs
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.