Analyst, Compliance - Governance at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial and regulatory compliance in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes
The Role: Analyst, Program Governance
In this role, you will be responsible for executing several functions within the Compliance Program Governance team to help Gemini uphold its high standards in the uncharted territory of digital assets, cryptocurrency, and blockchain technology. The Program Governance team comprises a team of Compliance professionals with responsibility for Compliance policies and procedures; annual risk assessment; quality assurance and testing programs; regulatory exams and audits; customer complaint process; and metrics across all facets of the Compliance program. Working alongside the Head of Program Governance and the rest of the Governance team, you will partner closely with key internal stakeholders (including C-level personnel) across Compliance, Risk, Corporate Development, Account Management, Engineering, Financial & Treasury Operations, Fraud and Operations as we work to enhance Gemini’s high standards in this groundbreaking territory.
- Review, track, monitor, investigate, and help resolve customer complaints. Assist with responses to various regulatory bodies related to customer complaints
- Conduct quality assurance reviews of various AML processes to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures
- Help develop and produce monthly and quarterly Compliance metrics
- Assist with the drafting and maintenance of relevant Compliance policies and procedures
- Assist with internal and external Audits, including liaising with stakeholders, coordinating responses, and tracking corrective actions
- BA/BS degree in a business related field (accounting/economics etc.)
- 1-5 years of relevant work experience within the financial services, digital asset or management consulting space (Big 4 or similar FCC/Financial Services Advisory/Assurance experience is desirable.)
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Google Slides and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Authorization to work in the United States and fluency in English
- Basic knowledge of regulatory expectations and industry standards in relation to AML/BSA/Sanctions regulations
- General understanding of KYC, Transaction Monitoring and Market Surveillance processes
- Inquisitive mind and a passion for problem solving
IT PAYS TO WORK HERE
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.