Analyst Relations Director at Celonis
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software, turning process insights into action with The Celonis Intelligent Business Cloud, built on the process mining technology it pioneered. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Companies around the world including Siemens, L’Oreal, Uber, 3M, Lufthansa and Vodafone rely on Celonis technology to guide action and drive change to business processes, resulting in millions of dollars saved and an improved experience for their customers. Headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, New York, Celonis has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. In 2019, Celonis reached a $2.5 billion valuation, after receiving a $290 million Series C funding round. Since opening its US headquarters in New York in September 2016 it has quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to its client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of its total revenue. In addition to its offices in the UK, Netherlands, and Japan, Celonis is expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, Ann Arbor, as well as Latin America.
Celonis is looking for an experienced analyst relations leader to plan our global analyst relations strategy and implement a program that delivers best-in-class results. We need an energetic self-starter experienced in developing and building strong, impactful analyst relations programs to manage and grow relationships with the industry analyst community. Our ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with deep knowledge of the IT and software market or a similar industry, a keen interest in market trends and new technologies, and a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape.
The successful candidate will bring established relationships with leading industry analysts and firms. They will have managed and evaluated industry-wide analyst engagement through briefings, inquiries, paid engagements and events, as well as growing coverage and overseeing favorable results in competitive evaluations performed by analyst firms. They will also have experience in translating analyst engagement into tangible business value, through quantifying and evaluating engagement.
The Analyst Relations Director facilitates two-way dialogue between Celonis and industry analysts, working to increase awareness for the company and our products, while delivering analyst insights to our internal teams. A proven track record in creating and executing AR program strategy is a must, as is proven experience in building collaborative relationships with key internal stakeholders including spokespeople, product strategy and marketing leaders. The AR Director will report to the VP of Global Communications and work closely with the product marketing and corporate communications team, executives and subject matter experts across the company. The position should be based in New York City.
- Create and execute the global strategy for analyst relations.
- Develop and deliver Celonis’ analyst-facing narrative. Tell the story of Celonis’ vision and strategy, our products and their benefits to customers.
- Identify, develop and manage the relationships with key analysts and market influencers; brief analysts on key product launches and industry moments.
- Plan and execute analyst engagements, briefing tours and strategy days.
- Drive the strategy for Celonis’ participation in appropriate key vendor comparisons. This includes setting the strategy for earning top ranks and driving the effort across subject matter experts, spokespeople, and clients as well as developing the briefing strategy and related content.
- Create results that put Celonis in an equal to better position in analyst reports. Maintain and improve analyst likelihood to recommend Celonis to customers. Measure the results of the analyst relations program with an up-to-date dashboard.
- Deliver regular communications and updates to the broader analyst community.
- Execute briefings and inquiries with relevant analysts and company spokespeople to establish Celonis as a leader in the minds of analysts.
- Monitor analyst research agenda and coverage, and share relevant research throughout the company.
- Share analyst feedback with key internal stakeholders to ensure analyst perspective and data is integrated into product strategy, narratives and marketing materials.
- Work closely with the marketing team to create campaigns to leverage analyst reports, review site rankings and customer examples in demand generation, launches and communications/PR outreach.
- Support sales by creating sales enablement materials and incorporating sales and customer feedback into the analyst relations program.
- Manage executive participation in analyst interactions and build and improve the bench of spokespeople across the organization.
- Work with teams such as PR, product marketing, and demand gen to leverage industry analysts across both inbound and outbound activities.
- Oversee and manage all commercial contracts with industry analyst firms.
- Provide sales with ‘silver bullet’ information extracted from analyst coverage reports.
- Work closely with senior management to establish strategic plans and objectives surrounding outreach to industry analysts.
- Drive the execution of proactive product inbound/outbound communications to generate strategic engagement & advice with/from the analyst community.
- Generate Analyst Relations content, including briefing documents, messaging, competitive positioning, rebuttals and responses to crises and issues.
- Generate opportunities to utilize analyst insights for portfolio development and launches.
- Bachelor’s degree in a marketing or technology-related field is preferable
- Corporate communications and marketing background with an overall understanding of company technology and products.
- 10+ years years of experience in the software/tech industry and related industry analyst experience with a successful track record in creating and delivering effective global analyst relations programs.
- Experience in working directly with executives, product management and product marketing functions
- Knowledge of trends in communications and analyst relations
- Ability to be creative, strategic, analytical, and think outside the box to solve problems
- Strong and proven project and business management skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities. This is a high-profile position requiring excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills with keen ability to explain complex concepts across the organization and to large audiences
- Comfortable with technology concepts and general knowledge of the software industry.
- Self-motivated team player with a demonstrated ability to deliver results.
- This position requires business agility to manage under tight deadlines in a highly innovative, rapidly evolving business with a dynamic technology culture.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- SaaS B2B experience preferred.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.