Analyst, Restaurant Data Services at Grubhub (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
As part of the Restaurant Data Services team, you'll join a collaborative group responsible for making data accessible and actionable for our colleagues and our clients alike. Internally, we pair with stakeholders to measure the performance of our digital ordering products and loyalty programs and surface data insights to inform strategy and new feature development. Externally, we serve our restaurant partners, reporting on buying behaviors, supporting marketing automations, and offering custom, deep-dive analyses.
A successful Analyst candidate will have strong SQL skills and be comfortable working with sometimes-imperfect data; have a knack for distilling data results into 'so what?' business insights; and be genuinely curious to learn about our broader business and products. (A love of food doesn't hurt either!)
The Impact You Will Make
- Dive into sales performance. Analyze sales performance for restaurant partners, examining trends such as changes in customer acquisition and retention, cart composition, and seasonality. Benchmark performance against comparable peer groups to contextualize and identify areas of opportunity.
- Design reports and dashboards. Build reports and dashboards for both internal and external audiences to summarize engagement with our digital ordering products. Distill key takeaways in a clear and easy-to-understand format.
- Support segmentation and behavioral insights. For restaurant partners that commission deeper analyses, pair with our Technical Brand Management and Strategy teams to translate business questions into custom data work. Identify actionable customer segments for marketing efforts, such as personalization and reengagement.
- Spread data knowledge. Serve as a resource for troubleshooting and data-related questions from the teams we serve. Consult on data available within our ecosystem and the best key performance indicators for different scenarios.
What You Bring to the Table
- 1-3 years experience
- Detail-oriented, with a knack for problem solving
- Intermediate-to-advanced SQL and comfort quickly learning proprietary tools
- Beginning-to-intermediate HTML/CSS knowledge
- Outstanding ability to analyze data and clearly communicate findings
- Bachelor's degree in economics, mathematics, business, or other analytical discipline
- Familiarity with dashboarding tools (e.g. Mode, Tableau) a plus
- Comfort working in a cross-functional capacity
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated. Candidates must confirm vaccination status at time of hire, and must provide proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination within 2 weeks of starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]