ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is seeking an Analyst to support a reverse logistics network across Peloton’s full suite of products, including bikes, treads, tablets, accessories, and future product introductions. The candidate will focus on The ideal candidate has excellent project management, analytical and communication skills.
- Effectively manage repair and refurb workstreams to identify opportunities and optimize cost, customer service and quality across all products and geographies. Projects include but not limited to:
- Data analysis in regards to reverse logistics transportation costs
- Support customer service training for remote diagnosis. Drive feedback to improve diagnosis
- Manage reverse logistics for returns from last mile hubs to refurb centers
- Ticket management for service-related issues in the field by Peloton’s in-house or 3rd party technicians
- Analyze data to develop KPI reporting and identify opportunities and monitor implementation to determine project success.
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholder teams including Logistics, Field Operations, Quality, Customer Service, and Planning to establish and build cross-functional buy-in.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in operations, supply chain or logistics
- High level of proficiency in Excel and data analysis
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage across teams and business functions
- Exceptional ability to organize time and resources effectively to determine priorities
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and rapidly-evolving environment
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.