Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
As part of the Business Intelligence team, you will empower data-driven decision making at both strategic and tactical levels by partnering with stakeholders across the organization, helping to build the foundation of a company that is positioned to revolutionize renting.In this role you will:
- Use your analytical and problem solving skills to support data-driven decision making and help drive the company’s highest priority strategic and operational initiatives
- Find solutions to novel and unstructured problems - armed with a strong grasp of the business problem at hand and the ultimate goal,dive into the details while maintaining a view of the big picture and come up with solutions supported by data
- Perform analyses to explore and interpret data to generate actionable insights and recommendations that enables quick, but informed decision making
- Synthesize your complex analyses, visually and in writing, to effectively communicate the core takeaways for audiences including the company at large, functional leaders and executives
- Gain deep knowledge of specific areas of the business; work closely with functional leaders to drive strategic/operational initiatives and track and analyze performance
- Help foster a culture of data-driven decisionmaking - build dashboards, tools, and models and that empower our teams to analyze their performance and answer their own questions
- Collaborate cross functionally with product managers and data engineers to ensure the data being captured is comprehensive, accurate and meets business needs
- 1+ years of professional experience in business intelligence and analytics (3+ years for Sr. Analyst role).
- Strong proficiency in SQL, data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau) and Excel. Experience with Python or similar scripting languages is a plus
- Familiarity with data pipelines/ETL tools (e.g. Stitch, Airflow) and data warehouses (e.g. BigQuery).
- Organized and able to efficiently prioritize, multi-task, and adapt in a fast-paced, often changing environment.
- Initiative and ownership - self-starter capable of driving projects independently and with urgency.
- Detail-oriented, but capable of seeing the big picture and following the “80/20 rule.”
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to synthesize complex and nuanced concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- High-growth start-up experience is a plus.
- Previous experience in real estate, insurance or credit is a plus
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.