About Galaxy Digital
Galaxy Digital is a diversified financial services firm dedicated to the digital asset, cryptocurrency and blockchain technology industry. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, Galaxy Digital is a publicly listed company on the TSX and operates five synergistic business lines: Trading (arbitrage, macro, market making/OTC), Asset Management (passive and active strategies, including venture capital), Principal Investing, Investment Banking Services (capital markets and M&A) and Mining (proprietary mining and mining finance). Galaxy Digital’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of institutional veterans focused on this high-growth, technology-driven space. The company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, Chicago, the Cayman Islands (registered office) and New Jersey.
Working from Galaxy’s New York office, the Analyst will provide support to Galaxy’s Strategic Solutions Group, covering a wide range of responsibilities for the team and has at least 1 year of work experience in sales and trading, investment banking, consulting, front-office financial services roles and/or sales, trading, or research in the cryptocurrency industry.
- Provide full support to the wide range of responsibilities within Galaxy Digital’s Strategic Solutions Group
- Work in a fast-paced trading environment with daily interactions across multiple business units (Trading, Operations, Lending, Derivatives, Finance, Engineering and more)
- Support directly on deal execution, product structuring, sales and trading businesses and research relating to institutional counterparties including but not limited to financial institutions, cryptocurrency companies, token foundations, DeFi protocols, staking-services and more
- Gain direct exposure to live deal flow with the Strategic Solutions Group
- Identify new opportunities in the cryptocurrency markets related to the business lines of the Strategic Solutions Group
- Handle supporting responsibilities to the team’s deal-pipeline including but not limited to deal analytics, investment memos, management presentations, internal cross-team updates and external market research
- 1+ years of work experience in financial services in a sales and trading, investment banking or similar role and/or experience in cryptocurrency markets
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency trends and market drivers
- Knowledge of basic financial derivatives and lending structures
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment and multitask
- Self-starter with a strong desire to make processes more efficient
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with good communication skills
- Strong capabilities with PowerPoint and Excel (data analytics program knowledge is a plus)
- A strong interest in cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology
- Experience/knowledge of OTC trading, derivatives structuring and/or structured product offerings
- Experience/knowledge of DeFi market dynamics, NFTs and/or tokenomics
- Quantitative analytical abilities for research, data analytics and automation
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Galaxy Digital seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or pregnancy), sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking, arrest or conviction record, his or her sexual and other reproductive health decisions, or other protected status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.