Analytics Engineer, Business Intelligence at Even Financial
Day to Day:
- Be the steward of our data model at Even. Work in a highly engaged team to design, build, implement performant and optimal data schemas and models that allow for deep understanding of our product stack.
- Lead investigations into data model issues, and work independently and with cross-functional teams to identify solutions and implement them
- Collaborate with product analytics at Even and work across a wide range of initiatives such as A/B testing, product insights and analytics, and new feature development and observability
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure that the right data is captured and structured upstream for downstream analytics
- Use SQL, Python (pandas, numpy, pyspark) and LookML (via Looker) to optimize our data models and work with data engineering to optimize/validate upstream data pipelines for performance
- Operate against deadlines and enjoy the rapid pace of analytics while having a service-oriented mindset - BI is a fast paced team that responds rapidly to change, and we focus on serving our stakeholders and teammates with a positive attitude
- Build domain specific and creatively visualized internal and external dashboards using creative visualization techniques (advanced Looker, Tableau, and Python)
- Work closely with data science on ways that ML can augment our data, and build experimental tooling and metrics that help our internal/external customers with the velocity of their decision making
- Be a hands on team player in a high performing team. Get your hands dirty with ad hoc analyses, executive decks, and a wide range of team deliverables. Rapidly iterate and reprioritize initiatives as needed. Even is a hypergrowth company and you will be encountering ambiguity and day by day shifting priorities.
Highly preferred proficiencies:
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Previous experience with Looker and LookML
- Some experience with orchestration and transformation tools (e.g. airflow, DBT, spark, etc.)
- Strong interest in financial services markets, technology, or business side problems, and making data driven recommendations
- Prior experience working hands on with data engineering and product teams around developing reporting/analytic tools and environments
- Understands the tradeoff between perfection and execution. You will need to balance data driven decision making with the rapid delivery of projects within tight time constraints.
- Creative problem solving and challenging the norm
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical role with technical and code-oriented data analysis (SQL, LookML, Python)
- 1+ years of on-the-job data modeling and schema design experience, optimizing for performant and scalable systems
- Coding proficiency in SQL and Python, with the ability to confidently explain methodology to non-technical stakeholders
- Data modeling, schema design, and data visualization skills with a focus on query performance and analytical readiness; comprehensive knowledge of joins and their optimized use
- Ability to investigate, identify problems and propose solutions from informal business requirements
- Highly detail oriented despite ambiguity, constant reprioritization, tight timelines, and competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to positively influence decision making across different teams with different vernaculars
- A team player - highly collaborative and service oriented. When the team wins, we all win!
Our core values:
- Get ready to join a group of diverse, smart, talented, and driven individuals. We are looking for people who are motivated by transforming financial services, and ensuring that every consumer has access to goods and products. A team member joining Even is...